Equine Massage, A Practical Guide 2nd EditionSKU EqMaBookSecEdPrice $29.0029.00
- More Details
Equine Massage, A Practical Guide 2nd Edition More Details
By Jean-Pierre Hourdebaigt, LMT
Fully revised and updated, this new edition provides step-by-step instructions and more than 180 photographs and diagrams to help riders and professionals alike, master equine massage techniques. This authoritative guide provides detailed information about massage movements, pressures, rhythms, and sequences. It includes:
• An introduction to equine anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology.
• Practical information on stretching and hydrotherapy.
• Use of massage to relax your horse.
• Use of massage to care for your older horse.
• Use of massage to maintain the fitness level of your active horse.
• Information about areas of stress specific to each discipline and different massage techniques and routines for different situations.
• A conformation check-up routine.
• Four new chapters covering equine myofascial massage, Equine TMJ (temporomandibular joint) Dysfunction Syndrome, Equine Muscular Compensation Phenomenon, and saddle fitting.
• A handy comb-bound format that lays flat for convenient use in the stable.
Practicing equine massage enhances the performance and quality of life of horses by increasing flexibility, reducing stiffness, improving attitude, and shortening recovery time from injury. In addition to its many health benefits, equine massage strengthens the bond between the horse and his owner, trainer, or groom. Using these techniques, you'll learn to "see" with your hands and sense areas that need special attention. Equine Massage, Second Edition is truly a hands-on guide to proven massage techniques that improve a horse's well-being.
Your Equine and Canine Home Care Health Program Starts Here
"Animal Awareness' goal is to provide the best animal daily care education so animal lovers can actively participate to their animal's wellbeing and optimal fitness"